Thursday, March 27, 2014

Shepard Fairey Poster

            This assignment was inspired by the Obama Hope poster created by Shepard Fairey in the 2008 presidential elections. To create this image, I used photoshop however, the project started with a selfie in photobooth. From there, I had to copy just my body onto a blank canvas and delete all the white from the image to add color later. Then, we had to choose colors that all complemented each other and put them on each later that had deleted white. Finally, I added the word dreamer to incorporate a meaningful word into my poster just like the one in the hope poster. This was one of the more difficult assignments because you have to be very tedious and all the layers can become confusing if they are not properly labeled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment